The Benefits of Lavender Oil can range from cosmetic, relaxing, to healing effects and insect repellent too. It is an essential oil with varied applications which we can use in our daily lives. There are records of it being in use since the Egyptian Age for preserving their mummies. The Roman Civilization also utilized its pleasant scent as a cooking flavor and as a perfume.
Some of these reasons why we love this oil are listed below.
- Lavender oil is extensively used for relaxing aromatherapy massages. The scent of lavender oil has a calming effect on the body and mind. Masseuse use it mixed with regular oil or by itself to apply on the head, hands and legs to relax their clients.
- One of the many surprising benefits of lavender oil is its use as an insect repellent. Even though the smell is incredibly appealing to humans, it can have a toxic effect for mosquitoes, moths, and flys. Lavender oil can also help reduce the inflammation an insect bite cause. Rub a little bit of it in the affected area for instant relief!
- Lavender oil is a boon for medicine because of all its therapeutic and healing effects. It’s pleasant scent can provide fast relief from headaches, anxiety and mood disorders and other nervous system disorders. It has been proven to calm the nervous system and may cure insomnia. A few drops of lavender oil on the pillow can help put even the biggest insomniac to sleep!
- Benefits of Lavender Oil extends to the field of dermatology. Because of it’s soothing effect, it is used to clear acne and calm other skin inflammations. It helps to reduce pimples and acne by regulating the bacterial infection that causes it. It is also used in the treatment of eczema and psoriasis.
- Lavender oil contains powerful antioxidants which are great for treating wrinkles and other signs of aging. It is frequently used in anti-aging products because of its ability to make the user look much younger with regular use.
- Because of its pleasing, floral scent, lavender oil is a common ingredient in perfumes. It has a sweet perfume which is reminiscent of flowers and has herbal undertones.
- Lavender oil can work miracles when it comes to dandruff treatment. A combination of almond oil and lavender oil is heated till it’s slightly warm and applied to the scalp to provide relief from itching, hair fall, and dandruff issues. Regular use has been proven to show results. It can support prevention of excess hair loss amongst adults.
- Benefits of Lavender oil include maintaining the health of the digestive system. It has a scent which tends to soothe the stomach. It is also believed to reduce immunity so that you do not have to suffer again and again.
Rubbing a little lavender oil over ailing muscles and joints has been known to relax from pains in those parts. It is used to provide fast relief from muscle aches, body pains, and pains after surgery.