Eucalyptus is used all around the word as an ingredient in various products. It is one of the most common ingredients of tooth pastes, chewing gums and air refreshers. In recent times the eucalyptus oil is being used for over a hundred purposes, from medical to housekeeping. It has mainly medicinal qualities and is used as an antiseptic, anti-spasmodic and decongestant. This oil has distinctive odor and taste and it is colorless.
Eucalyptus Oil Uses
The main medicinal usage of eucalyptus oil
This oil essence is widely used in the following medicinal purposes:
- Wound healing: This oil has high antiseptic qualities and it is used to treat every kind of burns, abrasions, cuts, wounds and ulcers.
- Respiratory problems: As the eucalyptus oil is antifungal, antibacterial, decongestant, antiviral and antimicrobial it provides a natural way for treating respiratory problems such as cough, cold, sore throat, nasal congestion, sinusitis, asthma and bronchitis.
- Treating mental exhaustion: Eucalyptus oil has refreshing and cooling effects. Such as that it provides a good natural solution for stress and mental disorder treatment.
- Stimulating mental activity: By consuming this oil the blood flow in the body is increased and blood vessels are relaxed, which is allowing much more blood to circulate through the brain.
- Muscle pain treatment: By massaging this oil on the skin surface the effects will be muscle relaxation, pain relaxation and stress relief. It is widely used by patients who suffer from sprained ligaments, stiff muscles, fibrosis, rheumatism, aches, lumbago and nerve pain.
- Dental care: It is known for its germicidal properties and such as that it is effectively used against dental plaque, dental infections, cavities and gingivitis. It is well known that eucalyptus is one of the main ingredients in almost every mouthwash and toothpaste. Rubbing the oil on the affected area of your mouth is a highly recommended natural way of handling your dental infections.
- Intestinal germs treatment: As this oil is known to a vermifuge it is often used to help remove germs from the intestines. By ingesting eucalyptus oil many of the microbial, parasitic and bacterial conditions can be treated around the whole body.
- Lice treatment: Rubbing a few drops of eucalyptus oil on the damaged head skin will cleare the lice infected area of the hair and skin. It is not causing any damage to the hair and it is a fully natural way of treating lice.
- Skin care: It is used in skin infection treatment, by topically rubbing the oil on the infected area of the skin.
- Diabetes treatment: This oil will help with blood sugar control. It is a type of vasodilator and the complete body will be affected by the increased blood flow. By massaging this oil on the skin or inhaling a solution made from it will help the constriction of the blood vessels.
- Fever control: By applying the oil on the skin you will reduce body temperature and help maintaining the optimal body temperature.
Usage of the eucalyptus oil outside medicine
The eucalyptus oil can be used as a room freshener by adding a few drops to the top of the burning candle. This will keep you home fresh and sterilized. It also can be applied as deodorant by making a solution with water. The oil can also be used in saunas and hot-tubes as a natural way of body detoxication.
Usage of eucalyptus oil is not a new trend, but for sure it will last for long time. Now people have a great natural way of treating illnesses and disorders by using this oil extract.