Lemon is amongst the most prevalent citrus organic products in the world. It is a good source of vitamins, aid in digestion; it also adds a pleasant taste and aroma to food. Lemon oil is an extract from the common lemon or the Citrus limon which is the fruit of the lemon tree. The outer peel of lemon is cold-pressed to extract lemon oil.
Quick insincerity of digestion system and fat seething cells are one of the basic components of lemon oil, it is a standout amongst the most effective against microbial operators of all the fundamental oils. The health benefits of lemon oil may be attributed to its calming, stimulating, carminative, astringent, anti-infection, detoxifying, disinfectant, antiseptic, sleep inducing, ability to help in stress disorders; it has antifungal properties, fever, asthma, infections, obesity, skin disorders, insomnia, hair conditions, tiredness and stomach problems.
Some of the benefits of lemon oil can be as follows
- Skin care: Lemon oil is a solution for increasing the gloss of dull skin. It is an astringent and detoxifying in nature, and revives drooping or tired-looking skin. Its disinfectant properties help in treating pimples and different skin issue like it softens calluses, corns, and bunions.
- Immune system: The high vitamin content makes it a superb supporter for the body’s immune system. It increases body circulation and stimulate white blood cells which increase body’s immune system.
- Helpful in Asthma: Inhaling the aroma of lemons may clear the nasal passages and sinuses, allowing good air flow and steady breathing which is a key for curing asthma.
- Stomach ailments: Used in the treatment of various stomach problems like acidity, including indigestion, cramps and upset stomach.
- Stress Relieving: helps in removing mental fatigue, anxiety, dizziness, tension, exhaustion and nervousness. Also inhaling lemon oil helps in increasing focus and sharpness.
- Hair care: It is used effectively as a hair tonic as it eliminates dandruff so that you can get strong, shiny and healthy hair.
- Great cleaner: It is a good cleaner as well as a great disinfectant and therefore used for cleansing the body, dishes, clothes and metal surfaces.
- Soaps and cosmetics: Due to its aroma and antiseptic quality it’s used in soaps, face washes and many other personal and skin care cosmetics.
- Insect Repellent: Mix lemon oil with Eucalyptus and Peppermint and use it to repel ants and other insects.
- Concentration: Lemon oil helps in increasing concentration and alertness.
- Wood and Silver Polish: lemon oil-soaked cloth will also help spruce up your tarnished silver and help clean the wooden items.
Lemon oil works in many areas of your life, from household cleaning to supporting brain energy and keeps the air fresh, also adds flavor to your favorite foods while helping you get rid of all the bacteria. In short considering all the benefits of lemon oil we can easily say that it is one of the most “essential” oils to have.