Lavender Essential Oil (lavandula angustifolia) is an essential oil that is known for its relaxing effects. The lavender is highly regarded to the skin and body and it is being used in skin irritation, cuts and bruises treatment. The lavender oil fragrance is balancing, relaxing and calming both emotionally and physically. Lavender oil can be used all around your daily life. The usage of lavender is widely spread from nursing to homecare, sleep aid to calming, nosebleed to skin care. It is natural ingredient that is highly recommended for daily use.
Lavender Oil Uses
Lavender oil main purposes
- Pain relieve: By massaging the oil on the affected area it can ease tens and sore muscles, rheumatism, backache, lumbago, sprains and joint pain. It is also providing aid to lessen pain caused by needle insertion to the body.
- Skin disorder treatment: It is used to treat some of the major skin disorders like eczema, acne, wrinkles and psoriasis. It can help the body to heal and recover from cuts, scars, itchy skin, insect bites and other type of wounds.
- Hair treatment: It can prevent lice and nits and also help in destroying lice eggs dandruff. A fully natural way of hair care with a tendency to boost the hair growth by an astonishing 44%.
- Digestion: The daily usage of lavender oil will improve the food digestion and stimulate the production of gastric juices. Also helps preventing flatulence, vomiting, stomach pain, colic, indigestion and diarrhea. It is not used only for prevention of those problems, but also helps overcome their influence on your body.
- Respiratory disorders: This oil provides a great help to alleviating respiratory problems like flu, cold, asthma, throat infections, cough, bronchitis, laryngitis, tonsillitis, sinus congestion and many more illnesses. It can be used by rubbing the oil through round your neck, back, chest or by inhaling a steam directly into your respiratory tract.
- Urinary disorders: The lavender oil stimulates urine production and helps in restoring hormonal balance. That way it helps preventing inflammation of the bladder, relieve cramps and other disorders of the urinary tract.
- Blood circulation: It is widely used in regulating hypertension and lowering the elevated blood pressure.
- Vision treatment: A few drops of this essential oil can help you in treatment of the burning eyes syndrome and blurred vision. It is 100% natural.
- Calming effects: By inhaling the lavender oil essence in form of steam the nerve system will be relieved from tensions and stress. That is the main reason of using this essence in hot tubes and saunas. It also clears the skin pores and detoxifies them when used in a form of hot steam.
- Aromatherapy: Widely used in form of aromatherapy due to its hypotensive, sedative, analgesic and antispasmodic effects. Applying a few drops of the oil to a candle can be used all around the interior and that will prevent bacteria’s and microbes spreading.
Even if the main usage of the lavender oil is for medicinal purpose there are some more notable ways of using it. It can be used as a flavor booster for any kind of juices and teas and even as an addition to meals. It is also used to prevent sunburned and chapped lips and can be combined with various fragrances like lipsticks, perfumes, deodorants and soaps.