Frankincense oil has been used for centuries for religious purposes. The Egyptians were using it as a balsam for their ceremonial burials and even the Bible it is mentioned that Jesus got it as a gift from the 3 wise man. Now days the oil of frankincense is used to help people due to its astringent, disinfectant, diuretic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, digestive and expectorant properties. The effects of using this oil are carminative, cicatrisant, emenagogue, vulnerary, cytophylatic and uterine. It is considered to be tonic, due to its benefits for the entire body’s operating system. It is aiding the body with absorption of nutrients and provides help in digestive, nervous, respiratory and excretory system issues.
Benefits of the frankincense oil
- Arthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis: Frankincense is inhibiting the key inflammatory molecules and in that way it can help the cartilage tissue breakdown that is the main cause of these conditions.
- It is a natural way to sooth head tension that involve constant high amount of discomfort.
- Digestive disorders: This oil may help speed up the secretion of gastric juices, acids and bile. Stimulating the peristaltic motion of the food can help movement through the intestines.
- Immune system support: Frankincense oil is a strong antiseptic. Antiseptic properties provide a natural way of battling septic and tetanus tendencies.
- Astringent: Anstringent properties can strengthen hair roots, gums, lift skins, tones, intestines, blood vessels and muscles.
- Emenagogue: Frankincense essential oil may help alleviate minor nausea, fatigue, abdominal region pain and mood swings.
- Carminative: Frankincense essential oil can help the gas building up in the body and that way it tackles abnormal sweating, stomach aches, uneasiness and indigestion.
- Cicatrisant: By inhaling or applying it on skin, this oil may support the fading of scars, minor acne, light surgery marks, pox and small stretch marks.
- Diuretic: It is possible for water release from the body through urination. It can help support the body release water weight, sodium, toxins and uric acids.
By using frankincense oil your body can feel stress relief, scars and marks may fade faster, and inflammations can be attacked in a natural way. The usage of this essential oil is spread across various fields of health care and is very beneficial.